Who is the Vue.JS Developer?
In simple terms, it is a framework and a set of ready-made modules (code fragments) that solve the most common tasks, for example, creating a navigation menu, order form, instant search string, etc.
That is, the developer on Vue.js – is a specialist who deals with frontend-development. He makes the external interface of the site, online store, web application or service with which the user contacts.
Why Vue.js in Trends 2022?
Since leaders are always trendsetters, let’s consider the latest updates in Vue, which will affect the trend of web development in 2022:
- Increased productivity. This option is achieved by using a template compiler developed and improved for fast rendering of static content.
- Suitability for larger projects. Vue 3.0 made the framework attractive to larger teams. No more performance delays, just improved readability.
- The shift in architecture. Vue’s internal structure was changed to a set of individual modules. The new architecture provides better support and allows end users to reduce the execution time to half by «tree shaking».
- Create your own UI libraries. The defined custom element method allows users to create personalized solutions based on Vue’s component APIs.
Where to Hire Vue.js Developers, and at What Cost?
Nowadays, the top countries for hiring Vue.js developers companies are looking for in Eastern Europe, Asia, and the USA. It takes time to find a good Vue.js developer in these countries.
Generally, Vue.js developers should conduct the following duties:
- Develops the architecture of the components and the structure of the project.
- Creates interactive and dynamic sites – adds content, sliders, animations, pop-up windows, etc.
- Adapts web pages to different browsers, desktops, and mobile devices.
- Tests code, searches and fixes bugs, optimize already running service and maintains it in working condition.
- Cooperates with other specialists from the team.
Depending on the country and the level of specialist, the average salary of a Vue.js developer varies.
The skills of a particular specialist depend on his qualifications:
In-house vs Outsource Vue.js Developer?
Professional in-house development is the most transparent but also the most complex methodology for the product. Sometimes your team can be quite an expensive
If you are choosing an in-house Vue.js developer, take into consideration:
- Search. The labor market does not always have the right specialists; if there is, the cost of their services may go beyond the project’s budget.
- Costs. Finding and hiring a specialist is often expensive for the company (HR, hunting fees)
- Risks. Things happen. Sometimes people have to be fired, moved from one project to another, and re-qualified if they fall short of expectations. The firing process is also costly.
You should outsource the Vue.js developer if:
- You don’t have your own Vue.js developer and you need this team member only for one project.
- You need to quickly increase the team with Vue.js developer (or developers).
- You want to completely transfer the work on the project or part of it, and get ready results.
The list of advantages of Vue.js outsourcing is as follows:
- Minimum time spent: you get a developer (or a whole team) with the right level of knowledge at once, on the day of the appeal, and do not spend up to a few weeks on their own search and interview;
- No hassle related to employment: the developer on the outsourcing does not need to make a staff, allocate him a job and equipment, keep accounts for it in accounting, pay for holidays and sick leave – you pay only for an hour of work (or for the finished result);
- Time-efficiency: the ability to fully transfer the performance of the task to a specialist or team and get a ready result without wasting time on regular monitoring;
- In addition to Vue.js developers, you can also hire specialists in other necessary technologies.
So if you decide to outsource Vue.js developer, the next step is to choose the right option – freelance or outsource company.
Freelance vs Outsource Company
Whom you entrust to the development of the application depends on the cost of the project, the time of implementation, and the result. Each variant has its pros and cons.
A freelancer is a person who is not on the staff and works with you on the project. Such an agent can be found in the labor exchanges and unique Internet resources.
Pros of freelance work:
- Save on costs. Making an application with a freelancer is cheaper than with a studio or own developers.
Cons of working with freelancers:
- Lack of guarantees. Freelancers may stop communicating, break deadlines, and throw everything. There are many reasons why the performer can let you down and not finish the work.
- The complexity of scaling. When you hire a freelancer, you get one person. But you may soon need more people, like designers and testers. All performers are difficult to link together: they may live in different time zones or lack team skills. So you need to spend a lot of time training and coordinating all performers.
- Low code culture. Code culture is an unspoken code of developers. If the code is written correctly, not only the person who made it but also another specialist can develop and refine the application. Freelancers usually don’t care what happens next with the app. Because of this, freelancers often write code of bad quality, which is difficult for the customer to continue to work.
- Development challenges. The freelance developer completes one project and moves on to the next. This option means that it usually does not undertake maintenance or further development of the application. So you’ll have to find another developer by wasting time and money.
You can work with a freelancer if you need to quickly and inexpensively test the hypothesis or do a small project. This option is also OK if you are willing to spend a lot of time communicating with contractors and project management. Another option is to contact the outsourcing company.
Advantages of working with the outsourcing company:
- Teamwork of skilled professionals. Usually, the company assembles Vue.js developers with a lot of experience, which has already released many solutions on the market. Without high costs, the customer receives all expertise, including analytics, design, strategy, and testing.
- Guarantees. When entering into a contract with the client, the company undertakes to fulfill obligations in terms of terms, volume, and quality of work. And as a client, you can control it.
- Simple communication. When you work with a company, you communicate with the project manager. He oversees all the work on the project: he monitors deadlines, shows intermediate results, tracks payments, and so on. The project manager is always on the phone and in messengers, ready to listen to your desires and claims, translate them into the language of developers, and get them to correct everything. Communicating with the manager is easier and more convenient: he is responsible for the team’s work, and you set tasks and take the result.
- Development and support. Any company wants to work with the customer for a long time, developing a project in which its employees have invested their strength and soul. Therefore, such a contractor will always tell how to improve the application, offer the optimal solution, and do all the work with the code and design.
You can choose various options for cooperation with an outsourcing company: outsourcing of one or more Vue.js developers; monitoring the workflow and verifying the performance of your team; support or refinement of an existing project; full implementation of the project based on Vue.js technology.
If the project is outsourced for Vue.js development, an experienced team of software engineers performs the work according to the contract, the project’s terms, and the customer’s requirements.
After the code is written, testers and quality assurance specialists conduct comprehensive testing to identify any errors or failures. When overlays are detected, the product is sent back to the developers, who make the necessary changes to ensure the high quality of the product delivered to the customer.
The last stage is correcting the identified deficiencies; the project is delivered to the customer and put into production according to the schedule.
Vue.js Developers are in great demand, and it isn’t easy to find the best professionals. However, following these tips, you should hire a Vue.js developer who is a perfect fit for your needs.
How to choose the best Vue.js developer?
Here we list the main requirements for a Vue.js developer.
Hard skills of Vue.js developers:
- Builds web pages on HTML and CSS and uses adaptive and cross-site layout technologies.
- Can work with libraries for Vue – Axios, Vuex, Vue Router, etc.
- Integrates the project with the API to receive and send data to the server.
- Applies the principles of object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- He knows what testing and debugging tools are.
Soft skills of Vue.js developers
Vue.js developers should be able to communicate effectively with others, especially those for which they develop applications. Their ability to speak clearly and shortly will facilitate the expression of thoughts and ideas while working on projects.
They must also write and speak in a clear format so that other team members can follow them, primarily when new developers are recruited. Thanks to their communicative abilities, it will be easier to work with them and keep everyone on the same page. However, it will help ensure that your project is on budget, scheduled, and completed as expected.
It is well known that most projects will not go as planned. Therefore, problem-solving skills are mandatory. Your Vue.js developer should be able to chart a course of action based on unforeseen circumstances without compromising the timing or budget. This point of view becomes more important as the size of your company increases.
A good Vue.js developer will know how to work with other team members to find a solution suitable for everyone. It will include listening to team members’ ideas and suggesting what they think is best in the available time. Vue.js developers also need to be able to work professionally, exchange thoughts and ideas so that others can understand where they come from, and make changes if necessary.
Steps to hire Vue.js Developer
Here is a simple procedure that will help you find a dedicated Vue.js developer.
Long list compilation
Task: Make a selection of software development companies you can refer to for your first conversation about starting your project.
What to do: You’re looking at LinkedIn, Facebook, and Clutch ads.co, Goodfirms.co, Upwork to see which companies you can assign to develop your project. Also, you can search for industry publications (Gartner, Forrester, etc.).
This list can be supplemented with the help of recommendations, ratings of companies, and by searching for the creators of those sites and applications that you liked by functionality and design.
In this case, you need to look not just at good developers but at teams specializing in the desired direction. For example, if you want to develop an app for a cryptocurrency exchange or wallet, you need a company with extensive development experience in cryptocurrency.
Introduction to long list companies
Task: to reduce the long list to a shortlist.
What to do: you contact the company from the long list via email or phone. If you email, the answer should come within one or three days. A more extended period is usually a sign of problems.
If you decide to contact the candidate by phone, you will immediately talk about your project, or you can choose a convenient time to continue the dialogue.
When you first talk to a developer, you are usually asked to briefly talk about the project: what it is, what business objectives, who will use it, and what benefits this project should bring to your business.
Next, the candidates explain how they will be able to meet your needs, and based on these answers; you can weed out companies that do not fit you for terms or other reasons.
During the first contact with the company pay attention to the following factors, that will help to understand that something is going wrong:
- Communication. If the developer contacts you only a few days after applying, it shows that it has difficulties in processing customer requests. Most likely, during the development, you will encounter the same challenges. It is better to avoid this.
- Questions asking about the budget, not the task. If you are asked at once about the budget rather than the needs of your business, this indicates that the developer is unlikely to meet your needs.
- No questions. For many customers, developing a website or application is what happens to them for the first time. Therefore, they cannot consider the functionality from the onboarding screen to the button «Buy» and determine the requirements to design. The developer should find all this by asking leading questions and explaining the mechanics of the web/application.
- Things are rushing along. If the company discourages you from studying other developers and seeks to conclude a contract as soon as possible, it means that this company feels its failure compared to competitors.
From companies that are in your shortlist, you are waiting for a commercial offer, which usually takes up to three days to complete.
Explore commercial proposals
Task: To examine all commercial offers.
What happens: You call the developers from the shortlist and arrange for them to have a presentation of their commercial proposal – tell them how they see your project and how they can solve your problem, for how long and what budget.
In some cases, if the project is unusual and/or rather complex, the developer may change his or her offer during the course of communication with the client. This is normal practice.
Selecting a technical partner
Task: to start developing the future product.
What happens: You carefully analyze all the remaining developers from the shortlist and make the final choice. With the chosen developer, you once again talk all the terms and then sign a contract and a non-disclosure agreement (NDA).
After that, the development of the future product begins.
What can Glorium Technologies do for you?
Creating One-Page Applications and User Applications
The development of online solutions using Vue.js includes the provision of services necessary for creating and programming one-page applications to offer customers a product with faster response time and increased performance.
User applications can also be created by outsourcing Vue.js development. Our Vue.js development services include comprehensive consulting, process planning, final product, maintenance, and support of the Vue.js application.
Creating Web Applications and CMS
Web application development is another helpful service our company provides, which is profitable for our clients. Thanks to our programming services, our customers can optimize their business by providing users with high-quality UX design. Outsourcing Vue.js delivers to customers the professional creation of modern CMS solutions that effectively meet the needs of the target audience of customers and increase brand awareness.
Support and advisory services
Our experts in the Vue.js development provide comprehensive consulting services for this platform. Thanks to Vue.js outsourcing services, our developers work with customers to ensure that they receive not only comprehensive solutions for productive programming, but also full service and support.
If you have any questions about the framework, feel free to contact our consultants who will be happy to help.
Glorium Technologies is a software development company that employs highly qualified professionals with practical experience working with the most modern and revolutionary projects. Our Vue.js developers have the unique skills and expertise to bring your ideas to life in the environment of e-commerce.
Successful projects are the best evidence of the quality of our Vue.js development services, and we are proud to be part of each of them.