The performance of many hospital departments depends on the way beds are managed across wards. Our client has developed a web app that allows a department to easily handle, manage and reorganize bed requests. The system increases usage efficiency of beds and minimizes any potential issues between patients who share the same hospital room.
In order to deliver better care and empower visually-impaired staff with automated hospital bed allocation, our client decided to overhaul and rewrite the app’s entire front-end.
As the existing front was outdated and not user-friendly, our mission included:
- Creating a brand new UX/UI design
- Updating user-effectiveness & job satisfaction
- Adjusting the operational efficiency
- Enhancing the patient journey
- Enhancing the accessibility design (contrast mode, font size, light & dark color scheme)
In order to gain a competitive edge regarding bed management software, our team completed:
- An investigation of national regulations about bed assignment
- Detailed business analysis
- New responsive design with an intuitive interface
- Mock-ups with user-flow & multiple screens
- Customizable user dashboards
- Calendar for scheduling requests
- Advanced search engine for filtering & sharing personal lists
The software covers all necessary information about beds: whether they are dirty or clean; which rooms they are placed in; and patient-related information, such as address, relatives, insurance, etc.
The new intuitive interface guides the user all the way from the patient’s admission to a hospital, until final discharge. These changes boosted staff efficiency by saving time and allowing management to meet hospital performance targets.
With a graphical representation of wards and a list of the beds, it becomes easy for the bed management staff to carry out the allocation process. Information is updated in real-time, allowing a team to omit the manual counting process and improve turnover rates. Disabled users also feel more comfortable with the accessibility design when enhancing patient coordination, contributing to the hospital’s sound operability.
Pierre Albisser, Consultant & Product Lead, ITR Software
"Working with them has been fun."
Glorium Technologies developed a framework to assist with an internal software migration from MySQL sever. Additionally, they created a new UI from scratch, working from basic guidelines.
Glorium Technologies has been a helpful partner, delivering the products quickly. Their adaptability and working cycle have made for a pleasant partnership. The team's documentation process simplifies the process, and the recommendations and suggestions they've offered have been very valuable.