A video we’d like to share with you presents a speech by N. Blair Butterfield, Chairman at Wind River Advisory Group LLC. Glen talks about Macro Trends in Health IT: Past and Present.
Topic – Macro Trends in Health IT: Past and Present
- Started with “best of breed” digital solutions in the 1980s/90s (departmental focus)
- Expanding scope of solutions in following decade (enterprise wide systems)
- Competition between best of breed and enterprise systems (architectural/functional/integration considerations)
- Incentivization electronic medical records for all citizens (EMRs)
- Scale up from enterprise to national solutions (HIEs)
- Addition of new technologies (AI, mobile, cloud, etc)
- What’s next? look in the crystal ball
N. Blair Butterfield has over 30 years of experience in health IT. He has held board level and executive roles in public and private companies, and served on the leadership team of multiple organizations ranging from startups to multinational market leaders. He has held senior roles in general management, new market and business development, government initiatives, strategic marketing, and product strategy. Mr. Butterfield is currently Chairman at Wind River Advisory Group , a boutique health IT consultancy. He also serves as Senior Advisor to the Healthcare Services division of global consulting firm LEK Consulting . From 2013-2019 he served on the Board of Directors at Spōk (NASDAQ: SPOK), the global leader in clinical communication and collaboration solutions. Previously, he was President at VitalHealth Software , a Mayo Ventures company now part of the population health portfolio of Philips Healthcare . He also held the position of Vice President of International Development at GE Healthcare , managing large national ehealth infrastructure engagements in North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. Prior to this he was a member of the leadership team at Vital Images, Inc. , now a Canon Group company, the leader in 3D medical image processing software.
You can get the full recording of the HealthTech 2022-2023 Summit here.