This video is a highlight from the virtual summit «Startup CTO Summit. Building the Tech Teams. Top Trends to Follow. Alignment with the Business» hosted by Glorium Technologies. It presents a speech by Kelly Peng about Leading and inventing as the CEO and CTO, for building the world’s best performing Augmented Reality glasses and platform from the chip level.
What we’re gonna covered from this video:
- CTO at an early stage growing startup, from the founding of Kura to now
- Running and growing a multi-disciplinary engineering and product team, from optics, chip, display, and software to design
- Inventions and unconventional decision making
- Company organization for scale
- Product market fit and working with customers
- Kura’s product and technology and business model
Kelly Peng is the founder, CEO & CTO of Kura Technologies, a company that is making the best performing augmented reality glasses and platforms for global telepresence. Kura’s first product Kura Gallium – is solving the biggest industry mass adaption bottleneck through a performance of 150° field of view, 95% see-through, high brightness, 8K resolution, and comes in a compact form factor. Kura’s performance is achieved through a series of inventions, innovations, and designs for the manufacturing process, that includes fully customized displays (Micro-LED), multiple customized ASICs, customized optics, system integrations, and ergonomic design. She’s also an inventor with 10+ patents. Kura has 40 people on the team now, HQ in Bay Area, and is a winner of both CES 2022 Innovation Award, and the Best of CES award.
You can get the full recording of the Startup CTO Summit here.